Posted at 1:10 p.m. on May 4, 2017
The Brillion News
APPLETON – The Fox Valley Harley Owners’ Group (HOG) chapter’s 18th Annual Veterans’ Benefit ride to help veterans living at the King Veterans Home in King, in Waupaca County, will be held Sunday, May 21, this year.
Interested motorcyclists and their guests riding all makes of bikes are encouraged to join this effort on behalf of our veterans.
- What: The Fox Valley HOG 18th annual ride to benefit the veterans at King.
- When: Sunday, May 21, 2017
- Where: Begins at the Appleton Harley Shop, 5322 Clairemont Drive., Appleton (just off of State 15 west of US 41) and follows country roads to King Veterans Home
- Time: Registration – 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Ride begins promptly at 11 a.m.
- Who: All motorcycle riders and their guests who support our veterans
- Cost: $15 per rider/$10 per passenger
This year’s ride starts from the Harley Davidson Shop in Appleton and follows a picturesque route through the beautiful Wisconsin countryside. The approximately 45-mile ride from Appleton to King will last a little more than an hour. Free coffee and doughnuts, courtesy of Dunkin Donuts will be available prior to the ride. Additionally, Costco will be on site providing cookies and water for riders and their guests.
King Veterans Home will be featuring an open house with free admission on the day of the ride. The open house includes an antique automobile show, live music, military vehicle display, museum tours, boat rides on the Chain ‘O Lakes, food, refreshments and other activities. The arrival of the motorcycles from Appleton is one of the day’s highlights.
Over the past 18 years, the Fox Valley HOG Chapter has raised over $72,000 and donated hundreds of pounds worth of toiletries and other items to the veterans at the King facility.
Not only is the ride fun and dedicated to a good cause, it is often an emotional day that gives riders great memories.