Posted at 1:05 p.m. on July 24, 2017
The Brillion News
TOWN OF WRIGHTSTOWN – A man living at a home north of Wrightstown on Brown County D lucked out early Monday morning, July 24.
He was asleep. alone in the house, when burning food in the kitchen triggered a fire alarm at 1:30 a.m.
Greenleaf firefighters were dispatched by Brown County Public Safety Communications, and initially found no flames or smoke. But when firefighters did a “360 inspection” of the house, Chief Joe Daul said they discovered the smoldering fire inside, broke into the house, conducted a search and rescue sweep and were able to get the man out of the home.
The fire was minor, but there was smoke damage throughout the house. And lady luck was also present, along with firefighters who wouldn’t give up until they were sure no one was in danger.
The Wrightstown Fire Department, County Rescue Ambulance and deputies from the Brown County Sheriff’s Department assisted.
The home, in the 4200 block of County D (Lost Dauphin Road) is in a section where the road is under construction and there is currently no through traffic.