Rules for Submitting "Letters to the Editor"
Here are the policies that have been established for submission of "Letters to the Editor" to The Brillion News. The owners of The Brillion News reserve the right to publish or not publish any letter submitted for publication based on these following guidelines.
1. Letters must be personally signed. A phone number (which will not be published) must be included for verification.
2. Letters may not be malicious. This will be determined by the editor and management of The Brillion News and is non-negotiable.
3. Letters must be 400 words or less in length.
4. We reserve the right to reject any letter for any reason.
5. One letter per person, per topic may be published every four weeks, or at editor's discretion. Topic relevance will be determined by the editor and management of The Brillion News.
6. No "thank you" or advertising letters will be published in the form of letters to the editor.
7. Opinions and assumptions must be presented as such. Any data expressed as fact must be accompanied by a source.
8. We reserve the right to change our policies at any time without prior notice.
The letters and editorials published in the "Opinion" section of The Brillion News are published for the enlightenment and entertainment of the readers. Editorial comments do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Zander Press Inc., owner and publisher of The Brillion News, or its individual stockholders or employees.